Facebook Growth Rate Benchmark
Monthly historical data
Average Facebook Growth Rate last month
Each month we publish the average Facebook Growth Rate benchmark based on the hundreds of thousands of Facebook Pages from all around the world indexed by Social Status. Data comes from our Profile Analytics tool which enables performance tracking of Facebook Pages.
The average Growth Rate on Facebook last month was:
How has the Facebook Growth Rate changed over time?
This chart shows the historical monthly Facebook Growth Rate for the past year. As you can see, the monthly average is seldom static so its important to benchmark your performance on Facebook against the monthly average. Use Profile Analytics to benchmark your Facebook Page and track your growth monthly.
How to calculate Growth Rate on Facebook
Growth Rate is a simple calculation in the increase (or decrease) between two numbers. In this instance, the
Fans Page Likes of a Facebook Page.
Since this is a monthly benchmark (and that most marketers benchmark monthly), the Monthly Growth Rate calculation is the difference between the Facebook Followers on the first day of the month compared to the last day of the month:
Monthly Growth Rate = (Followers on last day of month – Followers on first day of month) divided by Followers on first day of month.
As an example, let’s say your Facebook Page had 11,428 Followers on March 1 and 11,721 Followers on March 31. The Growth Rate for the month of March would be calculated as:
11,721 minus 11,428 = 293
293 divided by 11,428 = 0.02563
0.02563 multiplied by 100 = 2.56%
We multiply by 100 in order to get to a percentage. Growth Rate is usually expressed with 2 decimal places.
What affects the Facebook Growth Rate?
Growth is a tricky thing on every social media channel, Facebook included. But thankfully, there are some tactics you can use to drive growth if you need to grow your community size:
- Run Page Like Ads – this is probably one of the best tactics because unlike Instagram, Facebook has a Page Like objective in Ads Manager so you can run targeted Page Like Ads where the call-to-action is to Like the Page
- Invite Non-Followers to Follow the Page – this tactic is a bit manual but it involves clicking on the Reactions counts on your post and manually Inviting people who engage with your posts but don’t follow your page. When you click Invite, they get a notification on Facebook that you have invited them to Follow your Page
- Run a Competition / Giveaway – this won’t be relevant for all organizations but a tried and true method for increasing growth quickly is to give something away! People love a competition and you can use the Page Follow as an entry mechanic for your competition. Just check your local laws as to whether you need a permit to run a game-of-chance giveaway
- Increase visibility to Non-Followers – getting posts seen by non-followers is tough but the best way is to create content geared for sharing or encourage people to tag their friends in post comments
Social Media Analytics
Voted Best By You
- Quick Setup in Seconds
- Transparent Pricing
- Easy Monthly Billing, No Contracts
- Responsive Customer Support
Let’s Spill The Tea
Social Status Insights
Get our monthly social benchmarks, updates and tips via email